- ½ cup nut milk (I used homemade almond milk)
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- pinch of cinnamon and sea salt
In a high-speed blender or food processor, add all ingredients and blend until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to cool. Top with goji berries.
Katherine’s Vegan Chocolate Mousse
– 1 ripe avocado
– 2 ripe bananas (preferably frozen)
– 2-4 tbs raw cacao powder
– 1-2 dates (pitted)
– 1/2 inch real vanilla bean, or 1 tsp vanilla extract
– splash of almond, rice, soy milk – add as needed to achieve desired consistency
Blend all ingredients in blender or food processor – sprinkle with coconut and cacao nibs. Serve, and enjoy!
Verdict: Though both look like chocolate mousse, neither taste like chocolate mouse. 1 – 4 tablespoons of raw cacao powder give the look of chocolate, not the taste unfortunately. Nevertheless, the taste is still delicious. I ate the entire bowl in one sitting both times.
Bottom line: I liked Katherine’s Vegan Chocolate Mousse a little bit better. The extra banana and vanilla extract made this creation a little sweeter and more dessert like. Next time your sweet tooth kicks in and you are looking for a healthy substitute, I recommend both of these recipes!